Facebook Groups can help you build your own customers community and engage your customers for two reasons:
- Your customers are on Facebook. They use Facebook everyday to read, post, react and comment
- Facebook Group is great to connect and engage people who have the common interest, which is in your case your brand, product and service
This article will tell you how to use Facebook Group to engage your customers.
1. Create a Facebook Group only for your customers
When creating your group, give it a clear name, add detailed description and tags and use cover photo to make your customers understand what your group is about.
For example, you can use “your brand or your product name + community” to name your group. You can introduce what your group is about, for whom it serves, what members can do in this group. You can add your industry, location or your speciality as tags.
Choose the appropriate privacy settings. The privacy setting determines who can see your group information as members’ name and group posts and whether your group can be found by anyone in search.
It is recommended to set your customer group privacy setting as “closed”. In this way, your customers can find your group and only members can see group posts.
2. Grow your group
When creating your group, you can add your customers by entering their names if they are your Facebook friends or you can enter your customers email to invite them.
After the creation, you can send your customers emails to inform them there is a group on Facebook and you would like to invite them to join.
Don’t forget to add a link to your group on your website, especially on the sales page and also in your email signature, newsletters… so people can click and find it.
You can read “9 Ways to Grow Your Facebook Groups” to get tips about how to recruit members.
3. Build an active community
In an active community, members participate spontaneously in group activity by posting, sharing, reacting and commenting. To build an active customer community, you can
- Encourage your customers to express by telling them what they can do in a pinned post or in your group description
- Engage new members with a welcome post
- Share relevant information which interests your customers and discuss with them current events
- Post to ask for their opinion
- Tag your customers in your posts
- Respond to your customers as soon as possible
4. Get feedbacks from your customers
Once your customers participate actively in your group activities, you can collect useful feedbacks from them and enhance further your relationship with them.
- You can start or participate a conversation with your brand ambassadors to learn about how they use your products and give them the newest information about your brand and product, so they can make a buzz for you.
- Use poll to collect customers’ feedbacks about
– their satisfaction
– what features of your product they like the most
– what they would like to have as new features
5. Get your customers informed and delight them
You can share in the group information and articles about
- The steps to use your products
- The solutions your products offer to solve problems
- New features of your products
- Online and offline events in which you would like your customers to participate
You can reward customers by sharing with them exclusive offers only for group members.
You can also organize contest in your group and offer gifts to winners to get involved your customers.
You can post the holiday greeting to your customers.
6. Optimize your group performance with analytics
As long as you use groups, you should use analytics to track your group engagement and performance over time.
With analytics, you can know which kind of content engage effectively your customers. You can recognize who your top engaged customers are and how they engaged.
Analytics let you know where to begin, what works and what doesn’t.